How do I know if my right-of-way project is in the City's jurisdiction?

There are some areas within Rolling Meadows that the State and/or County own and maintain. City permits for work in those ROWs are not required, but State or County permits may be required.  The website at IL Road Jurisdiction-IDOT provides a color-coded map that identifies who owns and maintains each roadway within the City of Rolling Meadows. City staff can provide further assistance by e-mailing a request to to assist with the identification of who owns and maintains the street. Be sure to provide the address or any other locational information in your request.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Right-of-Way?
2. What are parkways?
3. What projects require a right-of-way permit?
4. What are typical right-of-way projects?
5. What types of work in the right-of-way require building permits?
6. Why do I need a right-of-way permit?
7. What do I need to apply for a right-of-way permit?
8. How do I know if my right-of-way project is in the City's jurisdiction?
9. How do I submit for a right-of-way permit now that I have what I need?
10. How long it my right-of-way permit good for?
11. What types of inspection do I need for my right-of-way project?
12. What if I need to work near or under a parkway tree?
13. What about right-of-way work during the winter?
14. Do I need a contractor's license for a right-of-way project?
15. Do I need insurance or a bond for my project?