Can a business operate out of a home?
Home occupations which are an accessory use (or special use) of a dwelling unit carried on by the members of the immediate family residing on the premises are allowed. The use must be clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the dwelling unit for residential purposes and does not change the character of the residence or adversely affect the residential character of the neighborhood.

No signage is allowed. A 1-time registration of your home occupation and an annual City business license are required.

Show All Answers

1. Can a business operate out of a home?
2. What must be done to open a business in Rolling Meadows?
3. Do contractors need a Rolling Meadows business license?
4. Is a license required to sell items door-to-door?
5. Are Pedestrian Solicitation (Tag Days) allowed?